| Training in the Hakomi Method
|Hands of Light Workshop
Introduction to Barbara Brennan’s Healing Science
|Montreal, QC||November 27-29, 2020 Full|
Courses fill up rapidly so please register early.
Maximum of 12 participants per class.
|Montreal, QC||Course Schedule|
|Reiki Shares||Montreal, QC||Shares|
|Healing and Self-Discovery Sessions|
Hakomi principles and guidelines
Hakomi is a method of mindfulness-based assisted self-discovery created by Ron Kurtz.
The two fundamental skills cultivated in Hakomi are Mindfulness and Loving Presence. These two skills help the therapist to be present with him or herself and the client. This creates a safe container in which aspects of the client that are unknown to himself are invited to show up and guide the work.
In Hakomi we “lead by following”. Leading by following is tuning in to what is present in each moment by closely tracking the client’s immediate experience while observing indicators of material are also manifesting. These cues allow the therapist to intuit what might be helpful to do next and thus guide the session.
In Hakomi, two basic skills, four guidelines and five principles frame the work:
The two basic skills:
- Loving Presence
The four guidelines:
- Using short moments of mindfulness to help the client study himself.
- Staying with the present-moment experience.
- We maintain an experimental attitude.
- We move towards a nourishing experience.
The five founding principles:
- Mindfulness: a non-judgmental and curious observer of what is present in the moment.
- Organicity: the fact that healing is a spontaneous process that is organic in nature, and the fact that all the resources are within the client and will emerge when we create conditions where these resources will feel safe enough to reveal, cooperate, and actually lead the process.
- Unicity: in that we are all related and everything we do affects others around us.
- Non-violence: the focus is never forcing to break through blocks, fears, and resistance, but rather on supporting them so they can be seen or heard, acknowledged, understood and dissolved in a loving and safe container of self-discovery.
- Mind-body holism: the fact that whatever is in the body is related to whatever is happening in the mind and vice versa.
Links to Hakomi material
Roland Bérard is passionate about healing and personal growth. Roland obtained a Diploma in Brennan Healing Science from the Barbara Brennan School of Healing in 2002 and graduated from the School’s Advanced Teaching Program in 2005. His Montreal practice incorporates Brennan Healing Science, Hakomi, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Reiki.
Brennan Science is an enlightning system of energy work that combines hands-on techniques with spiritual and psychological processes… touching every aspect of your life.
Brennan Science is based on the living dynamics of our human energy consciousness system and its relationship to one’s self, to others and to the greater world. This energy system reflects the health of one’s thoughts and emotions, which sets the template for the state of our lives – physically, mentally and emotionally.
By joining us, you will be introduced to your ability to give hands-on healing to others, as well as starting to open your latent ability to perceive the human energy field. This is a rare opportunity to step into an expanded view of life, where we see that we are more than just our physical bodies.
- Barbara Brennan’s web site – www.barbarabrennan.com
- BooksHands of Light, Barbara Brennan, ISBN 0-553-34539-7
- Light Emerging – ISBN 0-553-35456-6
- Core Light Healing – Barbara Brennan
Montreal, QC, Canada
Dates – November 27-29, 2020
The workshop is full at the moment. I may do another in the spring of 2021. Please let me know if you are interested.
Friday, from 7pm – 9pm (Free)
Saturday, from 9:30 am to 6 pm and
Sunday, from 9:30 to 4:30 pm.
7190 rue Marconi
Registration before early registration date, – $275, $300 after
Early registration date :
Friday November 6th, 2020
How to register :
Thank you for reading and filling out the registration and information forms that you can print out by clicking on the links below:
If you are using any of the medications listed in the Policy Statement for Psychotropic Medications, please call me before you register.
You can also by Interac.
For more information, contact
To print out the Flyer and see the detail program for the weekend,
Courses are in french, english or bilingual as required. Since there is a lot of non-verbal during the class, this is never a problem.
To register and save a spot, please fill out the
The next scheduled courses are:
Reiki 1 ($175)
Friday 6:30 to 9:30 pm & Saturday 9:30am to 5:30pm
November 6-7, 2020
Classes fills up quickly so reserve early. (12 participants per class, maximum)
Reiki 2 ($225)
Sunday, 9:30am – 5:30pm
November 8, 2020
To be determined, 10am – 5pm
Please contact me.
I am not organizing shares at the moment.
To be determined
This is open to any Reiki practitioner who would like to share Reiki experiences and group healings. This is also open to anyone wanting to experience Reiki and receive a healing.
The activity starts with a meditation followed by sharing of Reiki experience, questions period and group healing sessions.
Please do not wear any strong scented shampoo, deodorant, perfume or essential oils as some people are sensitive to them.
Private Healing and Self-Discovery sessions
I am currently on an extended sabbatical.so private healing and self-discovery sessions are not available.