|Hands of Light Workshop
Introduction to Barbara Brennan’s Healing Science
|Montreal, QC||November 2017|
Courses fill up rapidly so please register early.Maximum of 12 partipants per class
|Reiki Share||See below|
|Healing and Self-Discovery Sessions|
The Hakomi Method
Hakomi is a method of mindfulness-based assisted self-discovery created by Ron Kurtz.
The two fundamental skills cultivated in Hakomi are Mindfulness and Loving Presence. These two skills help the therapist to be present with him or herself and the client. This creates a safe container in which aspects of the client that are unconscious are invited to show up and guide the work.
In Hakomi we “lead by following”. Leading by following is tuning in to what is present in each moment by closely tracking the client’s immediate experience while observing indicators of unconscious material that are also manifesting. These cues allow the therapist to intuit what might be helpful to do next and thus guide the session.
In Hakomi, two basic skills, four guidelines and five principles frame the work:
The two basic skills:
- Loving Presence
The four guidelines:
- Using short moments of mindfulness to help the client study himself.
- Staying with the present-moment experience.
- We maintain an experimental attitude.
- We move towards a nourishing experience.
The five founding principles:
- Mindfulness: a non-judgmental and curious observer of what is present in the moment.
- Organicity: the fact that healing is a spontaneous process that is organic in nature, and the fact that all the resources are within the client and will emerge when we create conditions where he will feel safe enough to reveal, cooperate, and actually lead the process.
- Unicity: in that we are all related and everything we do affects others around us.
- Non-violence: the focus is never forcing to break through blocks, fears, and resistance, but rather on supporting them so they can be seen or heard, acknowledged, understood and dissolved in a loving and safe container of self-discovery.
- Mind-body holism: the fact that whatever is in the body is related to whatever is happening in the mind and vice versa.
Links to Hakomi material
Roland Bérard is passionate about healing and personal growth. Roland obtained a Diploma in Brennan Healing Science from the Barbara Brennan School of Healing in 2002 and graduated from the School’s Advanced Teaching Program in 2005. His Montreal practice incorporates Brennan Healing Science, Hakomi, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Reiki.
Brennan Healing Science is an enlightning system of energy work that combines hands-on healing techniques with spiritual and psychological processes… touching every aspect of your life.
Brennan Healing Science is based on the living dynamics of our human energy consciousness system and its relationship to one’s self, to others and to the greater world. This energy system reflects the health of one’s thoughts and emotions, which sets the template for the state of our lives – physically, mentally and emotionally.
By joining us, you will be introduced to your ability to give hands-on healing to others, as well as starting to open your latent ability to perceive the human energy field. This is a rara opportunity to step into an expanded view of life, where we see that we aremore than just our physical bodies.
To print out the Flyer and see the detail program for the weekend,
- Barbara Brennan’s web site – www.barbarabrennan.com
- BooksHands of Light, Barbara Bennan, ISBN 0-553-34539-7
- Light Emerging – ISBN 0-553-35456-6
- Core Light Healing – Barbara Brennan
Montreal, QC, Canada
Dates – November 24-26, 2017
Friday November 24, 7pm – 9pm (Free)
Saturday, November 25, from 9:30 am to 6 pm and
Sunday, November 26, from 9:30 to 4:30 pm.
Queen Elisabeth Health Complex
2100 Marlowe Avenue
Registration before early registration date, – $275, $300 after
Early registration date :
November 3rd, 2017
How to register :
Thank you for reading and filling out the registration and information forms that you can print out by clicking on the links below:
- Letter of invitation
- Registration coupon
- Confidential Participant Profile
- Policy Statement for Psychotropic Medications
If you are using any of the medications listed in the Policy Statement for Psychotropic Medications, please call me before you register.
Please return all this with your payment to the address below. You can also pay by Interac.
Horizons RB Inc.
c/o Roland Bérard
2707 Place Alfred
For more information, contact
Montréal – Roland Bérard – firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses are in french, english or bilingual as required. Since there is a lot of non-verbal during the class, this is never a problem.
The next scheduled courses are:
Reiki 1 ($175) see suggested preparation on Reiki page
Friday 6:30 to 9:30 pm & Saturday 9:30am to 5:30pm
December 8-9, 2017
February 23-24, 2018
Classes fills up quickly so reserve early.(12 participants per class, maximum)
Reiki 2 ($230)
see suggested preparation on Reiki page
Sunday, 9:30am – 5:30pm
December 10, 2017
February 25, 2018
Thusdayday 10am – 5pm
October 12, 2017
Reiki Master see suggested preparation on Reiki page
Master – will be scheduled as required.
None planned at the moment as I have moved my office.
To be determined
This is open to any Reiki practitioner who would like to share Reiki experiences and group healings. This is also open to anyone wanting to experience Reiki and receive a healing.
The activity starts with a meditation followed by sharing of Reiki experience, questions period and group healing sessions.
Please do not wear any strong scented shampoo, deodorant, perfume or essential oils as some people are sensitive to them.
Dates for the next Reiki Shares: None planned at the moment as I have moved my office.
SEE THE OFFICE CALENDAR FOR THE DATES OF THE REIKI SHARES.
Private Healing and Self-Discovery sessions
Private healing and self-discovery sessions are available.
Wednesday and Thursday – Room 350, 5465 Queen Mary Rd., Montreal (Snowdon Metro– see map)